Judo is the way of life. And as far as I am concerned judo has always played a big role in my life. I started practicing judo at the age of 8 and turned a professional athlete at the age of 14 when I won my first medal at the National Championships of Poland. I got a sports scholarship at the Warsaw’s Academy of Physical Education and trained over there full time for several years. Thanks to judo, I traveled around the world and participated in many tournaments in different countries, including Austria, Sweden, Germany, Slovakia, United States, Russia or England. Today it doesn’t really matter where I am, whether in New York, London or Beijing, because whenever I step onto the mat I always feel at home. Judo is part of my identity. Below is a list of some of my best achievements and videos from my tournaments.
- placed 2nd at the New York Open Judo Championship in 2000 (73kg division);
- placed 2nd and 3rd in the Swedish Judo Open;
- placed 2nd in the National Junior Championships of Poland ‘96;
- placed 3rd in the National Senior Championships of Poland;
- member of the National Junior Team
- member of the National University Team
In this video I am fighting in blue uniform at the New York Open Judo Championships in 2008: